2. What Information is Collected.
(a) Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information that you submit or enter on our Site, or that you provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information to us, in which case you will not be able to purchase our subscription services online and may not be able to take advantage of all of our services and features.
ii. Chef’s Roll Community. In order to provide you with certain services through the Site, you may be required to create an Account ("Account") and provide us with information such as your name, screen name, email address, industry, role, URL, a password that you will use for your Account, and other specified information. You are required to create an Account, once you have paid and filled out your enrollment form, and clicked “publish” Chef’s Roll will authorize the account before going live. You may also choose to provide us with additional information for use in connection with your Account, such as your photo, interests, location, and/or a short bio. You are able to log-in to your Account at any time and edit your Personal Information and settings. It is YOUR responsibility to keep your password confidential. If you are sharing a computer with anyone, you should always log-out before leaving the Site to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
iii. Events. We may provide you, via the Site, with the opportunity to contact us, receive a newsletter, or participate in special promotional or other programs (collectively "Events"). In order to participate in any of these Events, you will be required to provide certain Personal Information which may include your name, company, job title, address, email address, and phone number.
(b) Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you automatically disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. Like many other websites, this Site may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system you use to access the Site, the date and time you access the Site, the pages you visit, and the addresses of pages from where you followed a link to the Site. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user's movement around the Site, and gather demographic information. Such information is not linked to any Personal Information, with the exception of the IP address which might be used to identify spamming attempts.
(c) “Cookies”: Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer from a web server. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to accept cookies. Some of our Site pages utilize "cookies" and other tracking technologies which may collect information about Site activity. If you block or delete "cookies" you may affect the usefulness of our Site.
(d) Software Downloads: We may offer you the opportunity to download certain software from the Site without charge. If you choose to do so, you may first be required to provide certain Personal Information (for example, by completing an online purchasing and pricing form), such as your name, email address, phone number, job title, company name, country, industry, total annual revenue, and number of employees.
3. How and When the Information Collected is Used. The information we collect is used for administering our business activities. Occasionally, we may use the information to notify you about changes to our website, new products or services, or special offers. We may transfer your Personal Information within Chef’s Roll or to its third-party service providers, but only to provide or improve products and services on the Site or services to you. This information may be transferred to other countries around the world.
(a) Personal Information: If you submit Personal Information to us through the Site:
i. We will use your Personal Information to improve our services to you, to contact you and to identify and authenticate your access to the Site’s services that you are authorized to access.
iii. We may also use your email address to send updates, a newsletter, or news regarding our products and services. You may choose not to receive emails of this kind by sending a single email with the subject "BLOCK" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the email must come from the email account you wish to block.
(c) Anonymous Information: We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below), or disclose it to third party service providers, to improve our services and enhance your experience with the Site and its services. "Anonymous Information" means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site and our products and services.
4. How We Protect Your Information. The privacy and protection of your Personal Information is important to us. We do not make any Personal Information available to third parties, except our service providers, without your permission.
We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Your access to some services and content may be password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session.
5. Publicly Available Information. Any information, video, image, data, text, documents, or other content posted at your direction onto a public area of the Site becomes publicly published content and will be available to all users of that public area of the Site, even if such content contains Personal Information. To the best of your knowledge the information provided by you is accurate, true and correct. Please note that if you publish your contact information, you may receive unsolicited messages from users and visitors to the Site. We encourage you to publish only information you are certain you want to be accessible to the public-at-large.
7. Links to Other Sites. Our Site may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
8. Children. This website does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
9. How You Can Update Your Information. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, Chef’s Roll wishes to maintain accurate and complete Personal Information. If you have an Account, you may log-in to your personal profile at any time and add information, delete information or correct any incorrect information we have. If you do not have an Account and you would like to correct a material inaccuracy in your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request and also contain the following email topic: "Access Request". We will provide initial responses to access requests within a reasonable period of time. Any action that we take in connection with an access request will be subject to, and in accordance with, the Safe Harbor Principles.